Combining fundamental research with applied research and social intervention, this project aims to contribute to the development of sound studies and simultaneously propose the creation of innovative ways to preserve sound memory. At the intersection of these purposes, AUDIRE’s research plan is organised into five main objectives:
- 1. to develop a sound theory as an essential support for human expression and as a source of knowledge;
- 2. to understand how people recognise and value acoustic environments;
- 3. to build an open-access repository of sound contents;
- 4. to create a virtual sound museum that can contribute to stimulating the creativity of emerging artists while preserving a kind of sound heritage, and
- 5. to promote sound literacy based on the presentation of proposals for pedagogical activities.